Find the most up-to-date information about City facility availability, services and programs on the COVID-19 page.


Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What number do I call when it is NOT an emergency?

Call (614) 882-7444 to:

  • File a report
  • Report suspicious persons, vehicles, or activity
  • Report a crime(not in progress)
  • Report non-injury accidents. 


2. How do I get information about registered sex offenders in Westerville?

Visit eSorn for info on registered sex offenders in Westerville and sign up for e-mail alerts.


3. How do I get a copy of a police report?

Call (614) 901-6450, between 7 AM - 11 PM (M-F).  Please call in advance to make sure the report is ready for release, and to find out the cost


4. If my car has been impounded, what do I do?

Call (614) 901-6450 to see if your vehicle can be released. Vehicles can only be released to the registered owner, or person with Power of Attorney.  You must provide a photo I.D. and proof of ownership by title or current registration.If your vehicle is marked to HOLD, you will not be able to get your vehicle until after your initial court appearance.


5.  How can I get fingerprinted for work or license certification?

Bring photo I.D. to our department on the 2nd or 4th Monday each month between 6 PM - 9 PM. Scanned prints cost $25, and rolled prints are $10 for the 1st and 2nd card, and $10 for each additional card.


6. How do I put my home on a Vacation Emergency Notification list?

Register online or call (614) 901-6450 between 7 AM - 11 PM to provide emergency contact information. After hours,call (614) 882-7444.


7. How do I request Speed Enforcement in my neighborhood?

Call (614) 901-6483 to request localized speed enforcement.


8. How do I report suspicious or criminal activity in my area?

Email or call (614) 901-6866 to provided information anonymously.