The City's Zoning Code (Westerville Codified Ordinances, Part 11 and 12) and related Codified Ordinances are implementing tools for key portions of the Comprehensive Plan (2016) and are being updated currently to effectively achieve the City's vision.The current Code (1973) does not take into account our community's growth and today's development expectations.
An updated and relevant Zoning Code will help keep the City competitive in the region and continue to protect Westerville's sense of place.
|| Issues and Diagnostic - See Phase 1 and Phase 2 Reports
|2018-2019|| Draft Review Process - Focus Groups, Planning Commission, and City Council
|| Adoption Process - Public Hearings at Planning Commission and City Council
City Staff is working closely with City Council, Boards and Commissions, as well as the Legal Department and planning consultants to update the Zoning Code as follows:
- Identify Issues - Phase 1 Report
- Diagnose Existing Code - Phase 2 Report
- Conduct Focus Groups (Subject Matter Experts) - Focus Group Summary Report
- Draft document to Planning Commission and City Council
- Public Notification of Zoning Code Amendments and Public Hearings
Staff, Legal, and Planning Commission will review and recommend all zoning code amendments to City Council.