The City of Westerville Planning and Zoning Code consists of Part Eleven and a portion of Part Twelve of the Westerville Codified Ordinances. Within Part Eleven are Titles One, Three, and Five that contain General Zoning Provisions, Zoning District Regulations, and Additional Zoning Requirements (e.g., landscaping, parking, etc.). Part Twelve Chapter 1201 contains Subdivision Regulations. All of the Codified Ordinances are hosted by a third party (American Legal Publishing) and can be accessed by clicking here.
Several Special Overlay Districts exist that supplement the underlying zoning. The regulations for these are available below.
- Olde Westerville Special Overlay District
- Central College Special Overlay District
- Hoover Gateway Special Overlay District
- Source Water Protection Overlay District
A Special Overlay District also exists for the South State Street Corridor and is available on the South State Street page by clicking here.
Plans, Guidelines, & Studies
The documents below consist of adopted plans, studies, and reports which inform and guide the planning process in Westerville. The Planning Commission and staff refer to these materials in reviewing development proposals. To access the information, simply click on the document requested.
- North Westerville Plan
- Uptown Plan
- Polaris Parkway Corridor Design Guidelines
- South State Street
- Uptown Design Guidelines
- Uptown Residential Architectural Styles
- Uptown Commercial and Institutional Architectural Styles
- Central College Plan
- Central College Historic Property Evaluation
- Central College Plan by Elmer
- Design Standards for Large Buildings
- West Main Street Gateway Study