The online publication may be accessed above or you may pick up a hard copy at the following locations beginning May 12:
- Westerville Community Center, 350 N. Cleveland Ave.
- Westerville Visitors and Convention Bureau, 20 W Main St
- Westerville Area Chamber of Commerce, 99 Commerce Park Dr.
- Westerville Public Library, 126 S. State St.
- Westerville Senior Center, 310 W Main St.
- Westerville City Hall Lobby, 21 S. State St.
- Westerville Utility Billing/Recreation Building, 64 E. Walnut
The guide features programs that take place from May - August. Registration will be as follows:
- Online Resident Registration - Friday, May 19 at 12 p.m.
- In-person Resident Registration - Saturday, May 20 from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Online Open Registration - Sunday, May 21 at 12 p.m.
- In-person Open Registration - Monday, May 22 from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
How to use the guide format:
In an effort to make continuous improvements to the Community Recreation Guide, the Parks and Recreation Department has updated and enhanced the Guide. In addition to the Around the City section, the new layout will streamline programs into five categories with the addition of a Community Events section and a NEW Index. The guide categories and the sub-categories are as follows:
Aquatics /Swim Lessons - Swim Lessons and Water Aerobics
Continuous Learning - Access to Recreation, Educational, Economic, Outdoor Education
Creative Arts - Arts/Crafts, Cooking, Dance, Drama
Healthy Active Lifestyle - Group Fitness/Aerobics, Mind/Body/Yoga/Pilates, Sports, Camps
Prime Time - Senior Center events and activities
Each sub-category is broken down into a Preschool, Youth and Adult section, if classes are available in each.
These changes will allow the department to highlight the diversity and vast number of programs offered through Parks and Recreation enabling citizens to search for classes based on interest and age.
Please enjoy the ease of use of the improved Guide. As always, if you have questions please call the Community Center at (614) 901-6500.