Your 2018 Westerville Income Tax Return is due by Monday, April 15, 2019. If your return is being completed by an accountant or tax preparer, you may wish to provide them a copy of this information.
In an effort to avoid costly mass mailings of blank forms, we offer several convenient options for filing returns:
The Income Tax Department can prepare your City of Westerville Income Tax Return at no charge.
- EMAIL and attach your documents (W-2’s, 1099’s, Federal Schedules (C, E, F), and any other income documentation) to email@example.com by Saturday, March 30, 2019 and request preparation of your return.
- FAX your documents (W-2’s, 1099’s, Federal Schedules (C, E, F), and any other income documentation to the Income Tax offices at (614) 901-6820.
- MAIL your documents (W-2’s, 1099’s, Federal Schedules (C, E, F), and any other income documentation) to PO Box 130, Westerville, OH 43086-0130
- DROP BOXES - please make sure to place your documents (W-2’s, 1099’s, Federal Schedules (C, E, F), and any other income documentation in an envelope marked “Income Tax Department” and place in one of the drop boxes at 21 S. State St (Behind the building) or 64 E. Walnut St.
(Schedule C = Self Employment earnings. Schedule E = Rental and Royalty income that is reported to the city. Schedule F = Farming income.)
Visiting the Income Tax Division
You may visit the Income Tax Division at 64 E. Walnut St. between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday and Tax staff will prepare your return at no charge. Be sure to bring W-2’s, 1099’s, Federal Schedules (Sch C/Sch E/or Sch F), and any other income documentation.
The office will have extended hours:
- Saturday, April 6, 2019 | 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Friday, April 12, 2019 | 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Monday, April 15, 2019 | 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
2019 Westerville Income Tax forms are available below:
You can print the fill-in form, attach your income documents (W-2’s, 1099’s, Federal Schedules (Sch C/Sch E/or Sch F), and any other income documentation and mail them in to PO Box 130, Westerville, OH 43086-0130
If you do not have access to a printer, you may call us at (614) 901-6420 to request forms by mail. You may also stop by our office, located at 64 E. Walnut St. and pick up forms. Our hours are 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Please note: some functionality may be lost with the forms when using Chrome or Safari to download. Adobe software needed to access interactive fields on fill-in forms.
Scroll down to see the full list of downloadable tax forms and important links.
NEW: Electronic Filing, Online Access and ACH Payments
Introducing Tax Connect for Electronic Filing and Online Account Access
The Westerville Tax Department now offers improved account access for residents and businesses. Taxpayers may log in to their account for real-time information of balances and payments made, to make ACH payments and e-file tax returns with a new e-filing program. Taxpayers can access the online account options at Tax Connect. Please remember that you will need to upload scanned copies of your W-2 and Federal schedules when filing online.
Note: Non-residents working in Westerville have no filing obligation with the City unless their employer did not withhold Westerville tax or under withheld the tax at our 2.0% income tax rate. Refunds must be filed on a paper form with the proper tax documents and if required employer certification.
Effective January 2018, the City of Westerville is transitioning to a new method of accepting ACH payments. Once your account has been setup via our online account access tax portal you will need to select "Pay by Check" and setup your bank account information. Once this information is setup – you will go back into “Pay by Check” and select what type of payment you will be making, Tax, P&I, (if you have both – you will need to breakout your payment), Estimated or Installment Plan. Once your information is complete – hit select and your transaction will be submitted.
Use the Westerville Tax Tool/Tax Connect
The Westerville Tax Tool/Tax Connect allows you to file your return online and pay any amounts due through ACH Debit.
- Click (here) for instructions on how to setup a NEW portal account.
- Click (here) for instructions of how to file and/or make payments.
NOTE: You will need to setup your account if you have not already done so. If you have already setup an account – your account sign-on will be the same as last year.
If you require additional time to file, the extension request must be received in our office by the tax return filing due date.
NOTE: An extension to file is NOT an extension to pay. Estimated taxes must be paid with extension requests to avoid or reduce non-payment penalty and/or interest.
Income Tax Department
64 E. Walnut Street
Westerville, Ohio 43081
Phone: (614) 901-6420
Fax: (614) 901-6820
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Walk-in assistance available from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
The Westerville Income Tax Division is charged with the collection, audit and enforcement of the two (2.00) percent municipal income tax pursuant to the Westerville City Code. To see the code, click here.
- Interest rate for 2016 shall be 5% per annum.
- Interest rate for 2017 and 2018 shall be 6% per annum.
- Interest rate for 2019 will be 7% per annum.
Income Tax Division personnel can assist you in preparing your Westerville Income Tax Return free of charge. The Income Tax office is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Please call (614) 901-6420 or visit the Income Tax Office (64 E. Walnut Street). If you visit the Tax Office please bring copies of the following:
- Federal Income Tax Return
- All W-2's and 1099's for wages
For your convenience, we offer you the ability to download our forms that are listed below. For more information, please contact our office. Please note: some functionality may be lost with the forms when using Chrome or Safari to download.