The City of Westerville strives to improve the community’s energy and transportation sustainability. To this effort the City of Westerville - Electric Division is working to increase the availability of electric vehicle charging stations within the community by offering incentives to office workplace, retail, hotel, institutional, industrial and multi-family property owners who install qualified charging stations. This program is currently not offered to single family residential property owners.
A rebate will be provided by the city of up to $4,000 capped at 100% of the eligible project cost for approved dual port ChargePoint Level 2 and DC Fast Charging stations. The Customer is required to pay for the equipment, installation, maintenance, three (3) year minimum network access and future incurred monthly electric costs. Each host site is limited to two station rebates, $8,000 maximum in total rebates. Program funds are limited and provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
Must be a City of Westerville Electric paying customer and charger must be installed at an address with an active meter receiving Westerville electric service.
Steps to Participate
- Verify eligibility as a Westerville Electric customer.
- Review program Term and Conditions regarding program and equipment eligibility requirements.
- Contact ChargePoint and conduct a site assessment to obtain proposals for equipment and installation.
- Submit the completed program Pre-Approval Application and include proposals, site and electrical plans, and equipment specification sheets.
- Complete and submit the required Commercial Electrical Permit through the City of Westerville.
- Once the program pre-application has been reviewed and approved, the program will provide a formal rebate reservation email notice within two weeks which will reserve the rebate for a period of ninety (90) days.
- Initiate the installation of the charging station upon receipt of both program pre-approval and City permit approval.
- Once complete, the customer will notify the program within sixty (60) days and submit copies of paid invoices and photos of the operational station.
- Rebate payment will be issued in the form of a check within 4-6 weeks upon verification of installation and data accessibility.
If you have any questions related to the Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment Rebate Program please call the Westerville Electric Division at (614) 901-6700 or email at EVSErebates@westerville.org.