NEW! Text OUTAGE to 55050 once your account is registered!
Customers may register to report electrical outages via text message through an online portal offered by the City of Westerville's call center (CRC). This program is in a pilot/testing phase. Standard texting rates apply. Instructions for establishing an account are:
- Click HERE to begin.
- Enter an email address and password (using the password requirements stated).
- Select "Register".
- Select "Accept" to accept the terms and conditions of use and to continue.
- Key your cell phone number into "Account Cellphone" (this phone number must be associated with your City of Westerville Utility Account; call Utility Billing at 614-901-6430 to update your account/contact information). If you are receiving any errors (steps not included in these instructions), it is likely that your telephone number is not associated with your account. Please then call Utility Billing.
- You will receive a verification code via text (if your cell phone number is associated with a utility account).
- Key the verification code on the website and select "Submit" (you will receive a welcome text message).
- No further information is needed to set up your account. With your phone number tied to your account, the system will know your address. You may now "Log Out" of your account (note: this account is simply for outage reporting and is not for bill paying, account updates or for gathering other city information).
In the event of a power outage, text "OUTAGE" to 55050 (a confirmation text will be sent and the Westerville Electric Division will be notified of your power outage).
Customers may also call the Westerville Electric Division at (614) 901-6700. After business hours, callers will have the option to be redirected to the City's Customer Call Center or may choose to leave a non-urgent voice mail. The Westerville Electric Division staff will be alerted by the call center and crews dispatched to any outage issues. The Westerville Electric Division is staffed 24 hours a day and 365 days per year. Be sure to follow the Westerville Electric Division on Twitter @WVILLEELECTRIC for outage updates, energy efficiency tips and more.