The City of Westerville is now seeking nominations for the Spring 2014 Property Improvement Award Program, a friendly, semiannual awards program for Westerville residents to recognize significant improvements made to home exteriors within the last year. All nominations must be received by the City no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, May 30, 2014.
Neighbors are encouraged to nominate neighbors based on landscaping or building design improvements (see below) made to the home. The program has also been redesigned to focus on residential/private properties.
Awards and recognition will be presented to homeowners based on improvement efforts in these categories:
- Plant materials in landscape enhance the total overview of the property.
- Landscape colors attract viewers from the street or sidewalk, and harmonize the surrounding landscape (e.g., trees, shrubs and structures).
- Layout and proportions of plantings and structures is uniform.
- Design is balanced. For example, plant beds relate to scale and design of the structure.
- Landscape is visually appealing and creates an atmosphere of tranquility.
- Garden beds are kept clean, mulched and deadheaded.
- The general style of the original structure is improved.
- Awnings, painting, paint removal or window replacement constitute improvements.
- Additions to the existing structure enhance its visual appeal.
All nominees must either own or lease property in the corporate limits of the City of Westerville, and all improvements must have been implemented no earlier than May 30, 2013.
For more information, please contact PIP@westerville.org.