Portion of SB Sunbury Rd. Closes
Beginning Monday, May 1, the southbound lane of Sunbury Road will be closed between Maxtown and Smothers roads while crews continue work to improve safety and reduce congestion along Sunbury Road. This closure is expected to last through October 2017.
As a detour, motorists traveling southbound on Sunbury Road are encouraged to proceed westbound on Maxtown Road to southbound Spring Road then eastbound on County Line Road back to Sunbury Road.
This effort is taking place in conjunction with the Smothers Road bridge construction project being supervised and funded by the Franklin County Engineer’s Office. The project teams are working together to minimize inconveniences to roadway users.
The City of Westerville is making the following improvements:
• Adding a center turn lane and an additional northbound lane on Sunbury Road from County Line Road to Maxtown Road
• Modifying the intersection at County Line Road with additional lanes
• Installing a storm sewer system
• Installing curb and gutter
• Improving street lighting
• Adding a sidewalk on the west side of Sunbury Road
• Adding a multi-use trail on the east side of Sunbury Road
For more information on this project, please see the Sunbury Road Improvements Fact Sheet.