Westerville's Recreation Path System
The PROS 2000 Strategic Plan included the development of a bikeway/leisure path system throughout Westerville to connect parks, businesses and areas of interest. Please click on the link to the right for a map and directory of Westerville's bikeways, leisure paths, facilities, parks and amenities.
The Westerville B&W offers loops with different mileage that can be followed.
Click the following links for individual Bike & Walk Routes or the map:
Additional routes on the Recreation Path System:
*Alum Creek Leisure Path (1.7 miles): From West Main Street, follow Alum Creek South across the Historical Bridge under Schrock Road to the Westerville Corporate limits.
*Cleveland Avenue Bikeway (1.4 miles): The Polaris/Maxtown Bikeway at Cleveland Avenue, south to Main Street, through Heritage Park, then Main Street east to the Alum Creek Leisure Path.
*County Line Acres Bikeway (1.1 miles): From Towers Park across County Line Road north then west to Hoff Woods Park.
*County Line Road Bikeway (2.04 miles): From Westerville Bikeway west across Alum Creek to the western edge of Walnut Bend Subdivision.
*Polaris/Maxtown Road Bikeway (2.4 miles): North Spring Road west to Alum Creek.
*Schrock Road Bike Lane (.9 miles): From Cleveland Avenue, east to State Street.
*Spring Grove Greenway Bikeway (1.18 miles): From Towers Park on Spring Road, east to Sunbury Road Bikeway.
*Spring Road Bikeway (.94 miles): From Maxtown Road, on Spring Road, south to Grindstone Road.
*Springborough Bikeway (.50 miles): From Gentlewind Dr north to Huber Village Blvd.
*Sunbury Road Bikeway (1.8 miles): County Line Road at Spring Grove Greenway through tunnel just north of Marlene, south along Hoover Reservoir to Central College Road.
*Westerville Bikeway (2.66 miles): Schrock Rd beginning at Charring Cross Dr, north than east behind Roush Honda, north to State St cross at Cherrington Rd, north to Maxtown Road (Ohio Erie Trail).
Inner Park Recreation Path Loops:
* Community Center Loop (.55 miles)
* Heritage Park Trail Loop (.89 miles)
* Highlands Park Loop (1.09 miles)
* Hoff Woods Park (1.16 miles)
* Huber Village Park Loop (.7 miles)
* Metzger Park Loop (.85 miles)
* Millstone Creek Park Loop (.36 miles)
* Olde Town Park Loop (.2 miles)
* Towers Park Loop (.36 miles)
* Walnut Ridge Park Loop (.37 miles)
* Westerville Sports Complex Loop (1.29 miles)
Recreation Path Connectors:
* Alum Creek Park Trail Connectors (.3 miles): At West Street, connects Otterbein College through Alum Creek Park across Main Street bridge to the Alum Creek leisure Path.
* Chipmunk Chatter Trail (.6 miles): At west end of North Street in Central College to gate at Inniswood Gardens (Gated access at park maintained by Columbus Franklin County Metro Parks).
* Hoff Woods/Westerville Bikeway (.15 miles): At Maplebrook Drive, travel east to Hoff Woods Park.
* Westerville Library Connector (.09 miles): At Westerville Bikeway west to Library Rd.
* Africa Road Extension (.11 miles): Polaris Parkway north to Ohio Health driveway.