Many homes and businesses are broken into or burglarized each year. There are many ways to reduce your chance of becoming a victim. Criminals often target a home or business that is vulnerable, and one that the offender believes has the lowest risk. The majority of burglaries occur to unlocked structures or open garages. Daytime burglaries have become more prevalent, and It is important for residents and business owners to report suspicious activities in their area in order to curb crimes.
When reporting suspicious activity to the Police:
Call the non-emergency phone number: (614) 882-7444 Identify yourself- name, address, phone number
- Type of crime (burglary, assault, suspicious person, or vehicle, etc.)
- Where? Be specific as possible
- Description of suspect, whether armed, how many
- Description of vehicle, tag number
- Stay on the phone with the dispatcher until the they tell you that you can hang up (Unless you are in fear for your safety)
If you arrive at your home or place of work and find it has been burglarized, DO NOT enter your home or business. Immediately find a phone and call the police. Wait at a neighbor’s home or nearby business until an officer arrives.
To survey your own home or business, see the forms at the bottom of this page. For questions about the survey or for suggestions on the security of your home/business, call:
Officer John Jeffries
Crime Prevention Officer
You may also fax your survey to: (614) 901-6487, for suggestions.
Business Security Survey
Home Security Survey